Areas of Expertise
Low-T aqueous geochemistry and isotope hydrology, groundwater flow and solute transport modelling, recharge and discharge assessment, and water allocations planning.
- Groundwater-surface water interactions
- Groundwater flow and solute transport in aquitards
- Use of environmental tracers to constrain conceptual and numerical models
- Development of a regional groundwater balance for the Lower Limestone Coast
- Allocating Water and Maintaining Springs in the Great Artesian Basin
Dr Harrington has more than 18 years' professional experience in the groundwater industry. He has been awarded a Bachelor of Science (First Class Honours) from Flinders University, South Australia in 1996 and a Doctor of Philosophy from Flinders University in 2000.
Dr Harrington is currently a private consultant. Prior to this he held a number of positions including:
- Stream Leader, Groundwater Characterisation & Management, CSIRO, 2009–2013
Principal Hydrogeologist, Resource and Environmental Management Pty Ltd, Adelaide, Australia, 2007–2008.
Manager, Groundwater Resource Assessment South East, South Australian Department of Water, Land and Biodiversity Conservation, 2006-2007
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada, 2005–2006
- Senior Research Hydrogeologist, South Australian Department of Water, Land and Biodiversity Conservation, 2000–2004
- Postgraduate Research Scientist, CSIRO Land and Water, Adelaide, Australia, 1996–1999