This fundamental 2-day MAR course aims to impart knowledge that will assist regulators and practitioners to facilitate a smooth and efficient uptake of MAR for producing urban and peri-urban water supplies.
No sessions found.
Download Schedule here PDF
The course objective is to impart knowledge that will assist regulators and practitioners to facilitate a smooth and efficient uptake of MAR for producing urban and peri-urban water supplies. At the end of the course participants will be aware of the traps, as well as the benefits and costs in planning, design, approval and operation of MAR Projects for sustainable water supplies.
Who Should Attend?
This course will suit potential proponents of MAR projects in local government, water utilities, industry and irrigators. The course will be valuable for urban planners, hydrogeologists, stormwater managers, environment protection health regulators and industry dealing with approval processes and inform policy makers.
- Introduction and Overview of Managed Aquifer Recharge
- MAR applications within Urban Water Management: Utility and Local Government Perspective
- Economics of MAR/Business Case
- How to establish a MAR scheme – water quality considerations
- How to establish a MAR scheme – approvals and who to talk to?
- NRM Policy and MAR
- Establishing a MAR scheme – Technical considerations/tools & applications
- Risk assessment and management in MAR
(interactive case study based on Parafield, SA)
- Establishing a MAR scheme – Engineering Considerations
- Operational Issues and their Management
- MAR - Workshop Exercise
The course will be led by Russell Martin (Aqueon) who has more than 20 years of practical operational experience in this highly specialised field. Presenters include the highly experienced Peter Dillon, Jo Vanderzalm & Declan Page (CSIRO), Nathan Silby (W&G), Judy Blackbeard (MW), Matt Hudson (CWW), Simon Robertson(EGW), Edmond Lascaris (CW), Terry Flynn (SRW)
If you are a part of an organisation and wish to enrol a group (2 or more) for the course please contact us at email@example.com for considerable discounts.