An introduction to the essential basics of conducting an aquifer test and analysing the testing data
Please be advised that this is expression of interest only at this stage. We will confirm if this course will proceed at least 4 weeks prior to start.
Course Program (PDF)
This course focuses on the practical application of pumping test theory to developing understandings of groundwater systems. It will teach you very important background information to allow defendable interpretations of aquifer testing data using traditional methods and state-of-the-art software. A hands-on application of skills learnt is also part of this course.
The course will be given over one and a half days in three components
- Introduction – pumping test fundamentals, types of aquifer tests, aquifer parameters, aquifer conceptual models
- The pumping test – design, undertaking, data preparation and management
- Analysis – identifying the conceptual model, practicals, case studies
- Pumping Test Fundamentals|
- Aquifer Conceptual Models – Porous Media-
- Identifying the Conceptual Model
- Production Well Analysis
- Checking/Verification/Data Corrections
- Pumping test design
Principal Hydrogeologist, mdGroundwater
Mike Dudding’s primary areas of expertise include groundwater hydraulic analysis, Managed Aquifer Recharge, and tunnel hydrogeology. He has 27 year experience as a consulting hydrogeologist primarily for infrastructure, water supply, and NRM. Mike has been the Lead Hydrogeologist for major water resource projects including West Werribee (Melbourne) and Gold Coast Managed Aquifer Recharge, Mapping MAR potential for Melbourne, Pyramid Creek Salt Interception Scheme, Lindsay River SIS, investigating new groundwater supply for Geelong, and investigating inter-aquifer connection in southern Victoria, SA/Vic border area, and various CSG projects. He has also been the Lead Hydrogeologist for several major tunnel projects including Melbourne Metro, East-West Link, West Link, and the Northern Sewerage Project. Mike has a Master of Science (Hons) in Engineering Geology from the University of Canterbury.
Participants will need to bring:
- Laptops (with AQTESOLV demo or full version installed) Please visit: http://www.aqtesolv.com/demo.asp to download the Aqtesolv Demo prior to the course.