Calling all budding photographers!
The AGC2017 Groundwater Photo Competition is open. Here is your opportunity to showcase your photographic skills and be in with a chance to have your photo printed and on display. We are seeking photos with a story to tell, from research field trips in the outback to wonders of the world. All photos must be associated with your professional experiences.
The photos must be:
- high resolution
- original; and
- represent groundwater – can be from anywhere in the world
The best 5 photos will be selected and displayed in the foyer of the 2017 Australasian Groundwater Conference.
To enter your photos, please upload them to this sharefile link. Please ensure your image is uploaded with this entry form so we can identify you and give the entrant the oppotunity to enter details about the photo. This information may be displayed with your photo at the conference.
Photographic Competition Rules
- An eligible individual (entrant) can submit photos if registered to attend AGC2017.
- All entries must be high resolution digital files in JPEG format submitted electronically.
- Photos must showcase groundwater – it can be images of people, places, landscapes, animals etc.
- Permission to photograph and display the photo must be granted to all people in the image.
- Digital images should be a minimum of 5 megapixels.
- There is no limit to how many photos one person can enter into the competition.
- All images must have been taken by the person submitting the entry. You may not submit photos for other people.
- Submissions will be accepted from professional and amateur photographers.
- Photos will be anonymously judged. All decisions will be final.
- Images may be optimised (i.e. adjusted while maintaining the integrity of the image), but not altered such that an image does not reflect the actual subject matter.
- Winners will be announced at the AGC 2017 networking drinks reception on 11th July 2017.
- Ownership and copyright will remain with the photographer. Reproduction rights will be given to the AGC2017 Organising Committee for promotional purposes, including websites and publications, with acknowledgement of the photographer listed.